Gardiner, Maine — September 8, 2009 – Blue Marble Geographics (bluemarblegeo.com) announces their presence at the GITA Oil and Gas Conference September 14- 16th, 2009 in Houston, Texas. The main focus on this year’s exhibit will involve the wide-spread use of the new Blue Marble Desktop, and how it brings concepts of project management and enhanced batch processing to real life.
Here is a snapshot of the exciting features Blue Marble will showcase this year at GITA for Oil and Gas Booth 505:
- Spatial Database support for ESRI Geodatabase, ArcSDE, and Personal and File Geodatabase along with Oracle Spatial and PostGIS native spatial database objects.
- Workspace saving and job creation that can be replicated and shared with other users — all major functionality can now be saved as custom projects or jobs, which can be shared with users thousands of miles away
- New batching capability in all jobs and the ability to string jobs together to create powerful, time saving workflows that you can use time and time again. Create the job once, reuse it later.
- New Projection Recovery Tool for raster and vector datasets — don’t waste your valuable time trying to figure out projection information anymore.
- Enhanced ArcGIS extension for extending the geodetic capabilities of ArcMap — work with the Geographic Calculator right in the ArcMap window.
- Attention Canadian Users! Support for Alberta Township and Range, new arbitrary scale and translation functionality and support for time dependent coordinate systems.
“We’ve exhibited at GITA Oil and Gas many times in the past, and people certainly recognize Blue Marble for what we do. This year we’re extremely confident that the new Blue Marble Desktop, once configured properly, can save organizations massive amounts of time and money”, states Project Manager Sam Knight. “We’ve been listening for years, and now feel we have a complete product that makes complex geospatial data transformation a much easier challenge to solve.”
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble’s geospatial data manipulation and conversion solutions are used worldwide by thousands of GIS analysts at software companies, universities, oil and gas companies, civil engineering, surveying, technology, enterprise GIS groups, government and military organizations. Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for over 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com.
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA