About Blue Marble Geographics
Blue Marble Geographics® is a GIS and geodetic software company that provides cutting-edge yet accessible products designed for both novice and experienced geospatial professionals. For nearly three decades, the company’s products have been used and trusted by organizations around the globe — including government agencies, universities, and Fortune 500 companies.
Blue Marble’s expertise spans a broad spectrum of the geospatial technology sector with a particular focus on coordinate conversion, lidar and photogrammetric point cloud processing, geospatial software development, and user-driven product development.
Blue Marble’s products include Geographic Calculator®, the industry standard for precise spatial data conversion and advanced coordinate system management; Global Mapper®, an all-in-one GIS application with a comprehensive array of data processing and analysis tools; and Global Mapper Pro®, a suite of powerful tools for editing and processing lidar and photogrammetric point clouds from drone-captured images. All of these desktop tools are also available as software developer toolkits and libraries.
Our Core Business Values
We operate on a daily basis using the following set of core values developed over years of working in the GIS software industry with our global, diverse user community.
- We believe in customer-driven software development. Our customers are the experts in GIS: the scientists with the know-how, the surveyors and software developers that know what they need. We listen to them.
- We believe in doing good for others. At Blue Marble, we try every day to find ways to do something good. We want to make a positive impact on our customers, our local community, and our fellow citizens of the globe. We have an international user base, and we, therefore, are all connected.
- We believe in equal rights. We believe black lives matter. We believe women should be on equal footing with men. We believe everyone deserves to be treated with respect and equality.
- We are committed to employee success. We are committed to our employees for the long haul, meaning we are committed to their work/life balance. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work and being a part of the Blue Marble team.
- We love GIS. We love technology. We enjoy the challenge of developing and improving cutting edge software that not only solves business problems, but solves technical challenges in a user-friendly, powerful interface.
- We are committed to Maine. We are a Maine company and we believe in the capabilities and strengths of Mainers. We feel this gives us a unique perspective and edge as a company from one of the more rural states of the United States. Maine has a rich history in survey and GIS. If you are interested in living and working in Maine you can do that at Blue Marble. Otherwise, if you’re ever in Maine, look us up. We would love to meet you.