About Blue Marble Geographics
As a leader in GIS software development, Blue Marble Geographics® provides professional-grade tools to users at every level. Founded in 1993, Blue Marble’s expertise spans the geospatial technology sector, focusing on coordinate conversion and management, lidar and photogrammetric point cloud processing, and user-driven product development.
Blue Marble’s products include Geographic Calculator®, the industry standard for precise spatial data conversion and advanced coordinate system management; Global Mapper®, an all-in-one GIS application with a comprehensive array of data processing and analysis tools; and Global Mapper Pro®, a suite of advanced tools for optimizing workflow efficiency, and processing lidar and photogrammetric point clouds from drone-captured images. These desktop tools are also available as software developer toolkits and libraries.
For more than three decades, Blue Marble’s products have been used and trusted by organizations around the globe — including government agencies, universities, and Fortune 500 companies.
Our Core Business Values
We operate daily using the following core values developed over years of working with our global, diverse user community in the GIS software industry.
- We believe in customer-driven software development. Our customers are the experts in GIS: the scientists with the know-how, the surveyors, and the software developers who know what they need. We listen to them.
- We believe in doing good for others. At Blue Marble, we try to find ways to do something good every day. We want to make a positive impact on our customers, our local community, and our fellow citizens of the globe.
- We believe in equal rights. We believe everyone deserves to be treated with respect and equality.
- We are committed to employee success. We are committed to our employees for the long haul and to their work/life balance. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work and being a part of the Blue Marble team.
- We love GIS technology. We enjoy the challenge of developing and improving cutting-edge software that solves business problems and technical challenges in a user-friendly, powerful interface.
- We are committed to Maine. We are a Maine company, and we believe in the capabilities and strengths of Mainers. We feel this gives us a unique perspective and edge as a company from one of the more rural areas of the United States. Maine has a rich history in survey and GIS.