Gardiner, Maine — February 29, 2008 – Blue Marble Geographics (www.bluemarblegeo.com) has released an update to their flagship developer toolkit, GeoCalc, the world’s most comprehensive coordinate conversion engine. Found under the hood of the popular Geographic Calculator software, GeoCalc supports over 12,000 coordinate system transformations, along with pre-defined linear and angular units, ellipsoids, geodetic datums and coordinate systems. Blue Marble’s coordinate conversion technology is used worldwide by thousands of GIS analysts at software companies, universities, oil and gas companies, civil engineering, surveying, technology, enterprise GIS groups, government and military organizations.
New Features and Enhancements in GeoCalc 6.3.5 include:
- Enhanced Datasource management functionality. Now you can lock your base Datasource and all custom definitions will be added to a second, editable XML data file.
- GeoCalc 6.3.5 now supports higher order polynomial coordinate transformations between two arbitrary horizontal datums. Users can now apply 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th order polynomial datum shifts.
- All internal dialogs have been updated to version 4 of Trolltech’s Qt cross-platform display libraries.
- New Canadian Vertical Height models are now supported.
- String formatting for Linear and Angular Units has been improved to support additional formats.
- The updated XML Datasource now has a full match to the EPSG database version 6.14.
“Introducing support for higher order polynomial datum shifts provides increased accuracy when performing coordinate transformations” states Kris Berglund, Blue Marble’s Director of Sales, “Just another reason why GeoCalc is known for its accuracy, reliability and scalability.”
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com.
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA
800-616-2725 / 207-582-6747