Gardiner, Maine — February 20, 2009 – Blue Marble Geographics (bluemarblegeo.com) has released an update to their flagship developer toolkit, GeoCalc, the world’s most comprehensive coordinate conversion engine. Found under the hood of the popular Geographic Calculator and other industry standard seismic analysis solutions, GeoCalc supports over 12,000 coordinate system transformations, along with pre-defined linear and angular units, ellipsoids, geodetic datums and coordinate systems. Blue Marble’s coordinate conversion technology is used worldwide by thousands of GIS analysts at software companies, universities, oil and gas companies, civil engineering, surveying, technology, enterprise GIS groups, government and military organizations.
New Features and Enhancements in GeoCalc 6.4 include:
- Support for Canadian Alberta Township System (ATS) Land Grids, British National Grid 10 Figure Grid Reference, and NGA’s Global Area Reference System (GARS)
- Ability to Import Datum Transformations from ESRI native GTF files
- Ability to record edits to the GeoCalc Datasource through a ‘changelog’ class, important for high quality data management
- Support for Danish DVR 90 Geoid model
New tools for improving data quality management from a development level:
- Updated locking and signing features are now available on the Datasource object.
- New Datasource dialogs allow you to move, rename and hide columns.
- New ‘Viewfile’ classes make it much easier to create your own dialog, or organize the standard GeoCalc dialogs
“Introducing support for Canadian ATS Land Grids is important to all of our Oil and Gas customers working with Canadian data” states Kris Berglund, Blue Marble’s Vice President of Sales. “This functionality will soon be available in the desktop version as well. The additional data quality management tools in this release give an applications developer the ability to greatly improve the reliability of the CRS definitions they use in their applications.”
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com.
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA