GARDINER, ME — Blue Marble Geographics has announced the release of GeoObjects 3.0, which contains over 50 significant enhancements. GeoObjects is an ActiveX control that allows Windows developers to add powerful mapping and GIS capabilities to their software applications quickly and easily.
Unlike common mapping controls that support only a single map data format or only proprietary map formats, GeoObjects supports most every major mapping format available. GeoObjects even reprojects your map files “on-the-fly”.
The GeoObjects map control directly displays (with absolutely no translation or coordinate system conversion necessary):
- Native MapInfo Table (TAB and DAT/DBF)
- Native ESRI Shape (SHP and DBF)
- Native ESRI Atlas GIS (AGF and AIF)
- Native AutoCAD (DWG & DXF) R2K, R14 and earlier
- Native Microsoft Excel (XLS) and dBase IV (DBF)
- and MrSID, ECW, TIFF, and many other image formats.
Significant new Version 3.0 features include:
- Robust “on the fly” reprojection and coordinate system transformations
- Enhanced cartographic display features include dozens of new line styles and fill patterns, highways shields, and text effects (halo, drop shadow, rotation)
- Intelligent, automatic labeling with collision avoidance
- Enhanced MapProperties, LayerProperties, Layer, Feature, Rendition, Geometry, Coordinate System, and Image objects
- and enhanced display control including view scale and extent limits, and map rotation.
GeoObjects is the easiest and most affordable way to embed maps and mapping features in your applications. A flexible license model allows for unlimited distribution of your GeoObjects applications without per-seat royalties.
Visit http://www.bluemarblegeo.com to download a fully-enabled 14 day trial version of GeoObjects 3.0.
About Blue Marble Geographics
Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine – “the geographic software tool company” – is a leading developer and provider of smart, simple geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for makers or users of geographic data, and builders of applications that make or use geographic data. Blue Marble currently serves over 120,000 customers in over 60 countries. Blue Marble can be found on the Web at www.bluemarblegeo.com.