New Blue Marble All-in-One Geospatial Data Conversion Solution Now Available
Gardiner, Maine - August 15, 2008 - Blue Marble Geographics (www.bluemarblegeo.com) announces that their new all-in-one Geospatial Data Definition and Transformation Desktop is now available. With this release, Blue Marble combines the power of a new version of their raster tool, Geographic Transformer 6.0, with a new version of the Geographic Calculator 7.1, which allows users to work seamlessly with all of the features of both applications in a single interface, on a combined license.
The Blue Marble Desktop is driven by a common, comprehensive geodetic data source, GeoCalc.XML the largest commercially available coordinate conversion library, which enables many new administrative and workflow tools to assist users with streamlining their data transformation processes while ensuring accuracy and data quality. In addition to the popular Project Manager, a new File Corral tool will permit colleagues to access common data quickly and easily, whether saved locally or on a network. Improved Administrative Settings tools enable administrators to define specific workspaces and custom projects for users.
Other features available in the Desktop include:
- Powerful new interface for raster reprojection, referencing, tiling, and mosaicking
- A new flexible tiling tool for hand-drawing tile dimensions
- New raster job preview tools for tiling and mosaicking so you can view your output prior to processing
- Improved Administrative Settings tools for defining access to the geodetic datasource
- Data Source Audit Trail to track edits to the Geodetic Parameter data source
- Import and export geodetic definition and workspace tool to quickly share custom definitions and workspaces with other users
- Improved progress bars and message windows to visually track your process.
- ESRI GTF transformation file import
- Support for over 50 Geospatial data formats and much more…
Geographic Transformer 6.0 features new enterprise-wide collaboration tools and core library enhancements, which extend the power of the Geographic Transformer to enable geospatial data definition, manipulation and management across the user's organization. The Geographic Transformer 6.0 interface is now extremely flexible and customizable; this version introduces dockable windows, workspace settings that can be saved and shipped to other users, and administrative tools that can be used to lock down editing of the coordinate datasource to protect definitions and guide users.
"With the new Blue Marble Desktop, our users can manage all of their geospatial data conversion projects in one interface while working off of the same geodetic datasource," stated Blue Marble President Patrick Cunningham. "Our Administrative tools help GIS Managers control data quality and consistency, eliminating potentially costly mistakes while speeding up time to market."
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.comKris Berglund
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA
800-616-2725 / 207-582-6747