GeoTalks Express® webinars are free hour-long sessions focusing on particular aspects of Blue Marble Geographics’s GIS and geospatial software products. The webinars are free and open to everyone, however, registration is required.
Join us at our next webinar to find out what’s new in version 2.3 of Global Mapper Mobile, now available for download in your mobile app store. In the webinar, we’ll discuss the latest features, including:
- Record voice memos – when creating a feature, a voice memo can be recorded and associated with the feature in the same way that an image can be saved;
- Save multiple pictures to a feature – take/save multiple pictures associated with a given feature;
- Autosave – automatic backup of the active GMMP file every five minutes when changes have been made;
- Advanced GPS now supports TCP/IP Communication – connect to any GNSS device which supports communication over TCP/IP. This new feature greatly expands potential device support, especially on iOS, where this is not as restricted as Bluetooth;
- Support for new GNSS hardware – Juniper Geode GNS3 and Garmin GLO;
- Volume Calculation – ability to calculate volume, either from a preloaded area feature or from an area feature that the user created in the field;
- Viewshed – calculate a viewshed analysis from point features recorded in the field; and
- Native support for UTM and SPCS projections – added native support for UTM and SPCS-based projections based on customer request feedback.
Download Global Mapper Mobile from your app store today and register for this webinar to learn more.
At the time of writing, Blue Marble product managers and software developers are busily planning writing lines of code that will eventually evolve into version 24 of Global Mapper. Each release brings with it a plethora of new and improved functionality throughout virtually all aspects of the software. In the first of this two-part webinar series, we will introduce and demonstrate some of the highlights of version 24. This session will specifically cover the latest additions to the standard version of the software, including improved capabilities for working with vector, raster, and terrain data.
In part two of the What’s new in Global Mapper v24 webinar series, our focus shifts to Global Mapper Pro. First introduced with the release of version 23, the Pro version includes numerous advanced geospatial tools, with a specific focus on lidar and point cloud management and analysis. In this session, we will explore the latest additions to Global Mapper Pro, which complements the core functionality that is available in the Standard version.
Geographic Calculator expertly handles the complexities of geodesy that are often overlooked by GIS users. As the world literally and figuratively moves, Geographic Calculator keeps up with it through periodic releases and updates geared toward providing the program’s users with the latest and greatest tools for all geodetic transformations. We encourage geodetic experts and novices, new and established Geographic Calculator users, and anyone interested in learning more about the program to join us in exploring the latest updates found in Geographic Calculator 2022.
At Blue Marble Geographics, we love to hear from users of both the Global Mapper and Geographic Calculator to better understand how the software is being practically utilized. Our technical support team is always ready to hear your feedback and answer any questions you may have, so to wrap up the year we will be answering some of your questions with a series of short demonstrations. The questions we address will be ones often asked during webinars, common questions answered by our technical support team, and questions we collect from you, the Global Mapper and Geographic Calculator users. As the date for this presentation draws nearer, keep an eye out for a survey from us asking for your questions, and please never hesitate to reach out to our technical support team at email@example.com.
More sessions will be added to this calendar, so bookmark this page or sign-up to receive our email updates!
If you missed GeoTalks® 2022, you may register to receive a link to watch the recording of the sessions.
If you were unable to attend a GeoTalks Express webinar and would like to view the recording, you may request access to view past webinars here: