Global Mapper Master Contest Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Global Mapper Master Contest hereafter referred to as the “Contest”, is open to those who are 21 or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of countries that are not on the United States trade sanction list and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Blue Marble Geographics (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“you”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decision of Blue Marble Geographics as final and binding as it relates to the content of this sweepstake. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Period: June 1 to August 31, 2021
- How to Enter: Submit 400-600 words explaining how Global Mapper helped you achieve a specific project goal, along with 4-6 screen capture images of your project on Global Mapper, and a sample of your workflow to email@example.com by August 31, 2021. All submissions must be in English. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Blue Marble Geographics. You may enter only once and you must submit all the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Blue Marble Geographics.
- Prizes: The first-place winner will receive a single-user license of Global Mapper Pro when it is released in September of 2021, a certificate acknowledging them as the 2021 Global Mapper Master, a recognition badge to be displayed in your LinkedIn profile, and recognition on the Blue Marble Geographics website and social media channels.
The second-place winner will receive a perpetual license of Global Mapper v.23 when it is released in September of 2021, a certificate acknowledging them as the second-place winner of the 2021 Global Mapper Master, a recognition badge to be displayed in your LinkedIn profile, and recognition on the Blue Marble Geographics website and social media channels.
The third-place winner will receive a license of Global Mapper Mobile Pro, a certificate acknowledging them as the third-place winner of the 2021 Global Mapper Master, a recognition badge to be displayed in your LinkedIn profile, and recognition on the Blue Marble Geographics website and social media channels.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection and Notification: A committee of GIS and Geodetics experts at Blue Marble Geographics will select three winners. Winners will be announced in the Blue Marble newsletter on September 8, 2021; on social media; and via email directly.
Blue Marble Geographics shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam/junk email settings or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required in a timely manner, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by the winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content (submitting contest requirements), you understand and agree that Blue Marble Geographics, anyone acting on behalf of Blue Marble Geographics, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law to print, to publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, images, workflow data, and statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review or consent.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming a prize: The winner must reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the prize within 15 days of award notification.
- Terms & Conditions: Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Blue Marble Geographics’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such a case, Blue Marble Geographics may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Blue Marble Geographics. Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Blue Marble Geographics has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user using multiple email addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Blue Marble Geographics and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or portion thereof: (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment: (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service: (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion: (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE OF MAINE WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maine having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses, (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all right to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the names of previous Challenge winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Blue Marble Geographics, 22 Carriage Lane, Hallowell, ME, 04347, USA.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is Blue Marble Geographics. Neither Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, nor LinkedIn is affiliated with this giveaway.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (at Blue Marble Geographics’ sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.