Where in the World Contest Terms & Conditions
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
- Eligibility: The monthly Where in the World Geo-Challenge, hereafter referred to as the "Challenge", is only open to those who complete the official online form and who are 21 or older as of the date of entry. The Challenge is only open to legal residents of countries that are not on the United States trade sanction list and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Blue Marble Geographics (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Previous Challenge winners are not eligible to win for one calendar year from their previous win.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Blue Marble Geographics, as final and binding as it relates to the Challenge. The Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
- Challenge Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about the first week of each month and ending on the date indicted on the official online entry form. To be eligible, online entries must be received by midnight (12:00 am Eastern US time) on the due date.
- How to Enter: The Challenge must be entered by completing and submitting the official online form provided. The entry must fulfill all Challenge requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Blue Marble Geographics. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Blue Marble Geographics. The correct answers are solely determined by Blue Marble Geographics and no provision is granted or implied to contest these answers.
- Prizes: One entrant randomly selected from those who provide the most correct responses in that month's Challenge will win a single user license of the current version of Global Mapper, currently valued at $499.00 USD. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal/national, state/regional, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. The prize cannot be substituted for a LiDAR Module license or for credit towards the purchase of a future version of Global Mapper. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Blue Marble Geographics to use winner's name, company or organization they work for, likeness, and entry for purposes of marketing this contest without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of the Challenge will be selected in a random drawing from those who correctly answer all of the questions or from those who had the most correct answers. Each month's winner will be notified via email using the email address with which they entered the Challenge within five (5) business days following the winner selection. Blue Marble Geographics shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam/junk email settings or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required in a timely manner, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Challenge is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest you understand that Blue Marble Geographics, anyone acting on behalf of Blue Marble Geographics, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, or statements about the Challenge, and biographical information including job position and organization they are employed by as news, publicity, or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes in regards to this contest without any further compensation.
- Terms: Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge for any reason. In such case, Blue Marble Geographics may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Blue Marble Geographics. Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Blue Marble Geographics has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Challenge, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Challenge rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Blue Marble Geographics reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Challenge you agree to receive email periodically from Blue Marble Geographics. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Blue Marble Geographics and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Challenge and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CHALLENGE IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MAINE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Challenge, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maine having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Challenge), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the names of previous Challenge winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Blue Marble Geographics, 22 Carriage Lane, Hallowell, ME, 04347, USA.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Challenge is Blue Marble Geographics, 22 Carriage Lane, Hallowell, ME, 04347, USA.