Blue Marble Academic Month – August 2021
At Blue Marble, we are committed to ensuring that tomorrow’s geospatial professionals are given access to the resources that will help them develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Over the last number of years, we have implemented a series of initiatives to help both faculty and students overcome some of the challenges inherent in teaching and learning the principles of GIS and geospatial technology. These initiatives include no- or low-cost academic licensing, free curriculum materials, and an annual student scholarship program.
Later this summer, we will be hosting a month-long series of online events designed to showcase Blue Mable’s academic programs, and to provide useful information and resources that will help teaching faculty prepare for the coming school year.
The tentative schedule will include:
- An interactive webinar in which we invite faculty to share their experience teaching with Global Mapper.
- A free workshop for teachers introducing the key functionality of the Global Mapper.
- An overview of the academic labs, a series of structured lessons that are freely available to all colleges and universities.
- A school spotlight feature, in which we share some of the work being done with Global Mapper in the classroom.
- The announcement about the availability of the 2021-2022 Blue Marble academic scholarship.
- And much more.
A detailed agenda will be posted in the coming weeks. Be sure to sign up for the Blue Marble Monthly e-newsletter to receive the latest news about this and other other Blue Marble events and activities.
Call for Presenters
If you are already using Global Mapper in the classroom and would like to have your students’ work featured during this month-long series of events, please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience.