Global Mapper TM
Global Mapper is an affordable and easy-to-use GIS Data processing application that offers access to an unparalleled variety of spatial datasets and provides just the right level of GIS functionality to satisfy both experienced GIS professionals and mapping novices. Equally well suited as a standalone spatial data management tool and as an integral component of an enterprise-wide GIS, Global Mapper is a must-have for anyone who deals with maps or spatial data.
- Unmatched spatial data format support
- Low cost and easy-to-use
- Just the right level of GIS functionality
- Unmatched and complimentary support
Global Mapper is more than just a utility; it has built in functionality for distance and area calculations, raster blending, feathering, spectral analysis, elevation querying, line of sight calculations, cut-and-fill volume calculations, as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from surface data, view shed analysis, watershed delineation, sea level rise modeling, terrain layer comparison, and triangulation and gridding of 3D point data. Global Mapper 15, released September 18th features a ton of great new functionality and is the largest Global Mapper release to date.
Version 15 features include:
- A new advanced LiDAR Module for in-depth processing and analysis
- A new Extension Interface which allows 3rd-parties to create add-ons to Global Mapper to extend functionality through their own toolbars and/or menu items. This allows our users to get creative and share their technology with the greater Global Mapper community. Users will need a Global Mapper Software Developer Toolkit (SDK) in order to write their extension. Contact your sales representative for more information.
- New support for import and export of 3D PDF for easy communication of spatial information with non-GIS users.
- This release also features a powerful Raster Calculator that can perform mathematical calculations on multi-band imagery. Including built-in NDVI and NDWI calculations and support for custom formulas.
- Support has been added for passing variables to scripts on the command lines.
- An option to automatically download and/or load files/web links associated with an attribute of selected features has been added. This is a very powerful feature allowing users to easily download files associated with features (like coverage areas) from an online server or loaded from a local disk.
- Users can now also edit and re-calculate multiple view shed layers.
- For more features view the what's new file in the help files.
Global Mapper Version 15 Free Extensions:
COAST - Coastal Adaptation to Sea Level Rise Tool
Learn how to model cost/benefit analysis for adaptation strategies for sea level rise and coastal flooding from storm events like hurricanes.
Overview Map Window
The overview map window extension allows users to preview data in small in-set window in the main map interface. This tool is a great way to manage your active data analysis while keeping track of a localized area view.
Global Mapper's intuitive user interface and logical layout helps smooth the learning curve and ensures that you will be up-and-running in no time. Your company will quickly see a significant return on investment brought about by efficient data processing, accurate map creation and optimized spatial data management.
By providing a complete GIS translation solution out-of-the-box, Global Mapper simplifies the deployment of spatial technology in your company or organization. There's no need to juggle extensions or costly add-ons to gain access to the functionality that you need. Global Mapper's aggressive development and release cycle ensures that the product grows with you as your needs and requirements change. Now you can unblock the GIS dataflow logjam by providing a workable GIS software tool for everyone who needs access to this critical data.
At a fraction of the cost of traditional GIS alternatives and with free set-up and general use support, as well as flexible licenses including single seat, network and USB Dongle licensing, there's no reason not to add Global Mapper to your GIS toolkit.