Gardiner, Maine — August 29, 2008 – Blue Marble Geographics (www.bluemarblegeo.com) has recently released Geographic Transformer 6.0, which contains the most powerful raster transformation tools available today. This major version upgrade is now driven by the same XML based GeoCalc data source found in Geographic Calculator 7.1.
Geographic Transformer 6.0 may be used in conjunction with Geographic Calculator 7.1 under the new Blue Marble Desktop interface. This latest version of the Geographic Transformer now allows users to choose higher order polynomial transformation models (up to fifth order) for true warping and accurate reprojection. Other new features and enhancements are listed below. Upgrades for existing licenses are always available, contact our sales group for details.
New Features in Geographic Transformer 6.0:
- Now a part of Blue Marble Desktop which provides a single interface for Geographic Transformer and Geographic Calculator
- New Tiling tools for easier and more powerful tile set creation
- USB Dongle Licenses Now Available!
- Ability to use any datum as an intermediary for datum transformations
- Create jobs, projects and workspaces and share your projects with co-workers
- Brand new interfaces and powerful new viewers for all raster work
- New File Corral tool for quickly working with your common data
- New Data Source Audit Trail to track edits to the Geodetic Parameter data source
- Import/Export Geodetic Definitions Tool to quickly share custom definitions with other users
- Workspace export tool makes workspaces more easily portable
- New Message window to monitor currently running projects
“With the release of Geographic Transformer 6.0, users can now leverage the power of this highly accurate and reliable data processing tool through enterprise-wide administrative tools, shared workspaces, and a common datasource,” states Blue Marble President Patrick Cunningham. “The addition of these features is a direct result of our attention to customer feedback, and a rigorous Beta testing period. We are confident that users of this latest version will be very pleased”.
To learn more about the Geographic Transformer, please visit our website: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA
800-616-2725 / 207-582-6747