Gardiner, Maine — March 12, 2010 – Blue Marble Geographics (bluemarblegeo.com) will be exhibiting at the AAAE GIS 2010 conference in San Antonio, Texas the week of March 22nd. Join us at the only conference dedicated to the use of GIS at airports and in the aviation field. Blue Marble’s geospatial data manipulation and conversion solutions are used worldwide by thousands of GIS analysts at software companies, universities, oil and gas companies, civil engineering, surveying, technology, enterprise GIS groups, and government and military organizations.
Bridging the gap between highly accurate survey data and user-friendly GIS data, the Blue Marble Desktop will alleviate all of your transformation headaches. Blue Marble’s batch processing tools are saving companies around the world time and money and thus helping them to realize a return on their investment (ROI) quickly by creating new efficient, powerful workflows. Supported by the largest, most accurate and reliable coordinate transformation datasource, dockable windows, enhanced workflow tools and sixteen years of global use by GIS professionals, the Blue Marble Desktop will save your organization a considerable amount of time throughout all GIS project lifecycles.
Some of the features of the Blue Marble Desktop include (but are not limited to):
- Workspace saving and job creation that can be replicated and shared with other users — all major functionality is now available as jobs.
- Batching capability in all jobs and the ability to string jobs together to create powerful, time saving workflows that you can use time and time again. Create the job once, reuse it later.
- New Projection Recovery Tool for raster and vector datasets — don’t waste your valuable time trying to figure out projection information anymore.
- Spatial Database support for ESRI Geodatabase, ArcSDE, and Personal and File Geodatabase along with Oracle Spatial and PostGIS native spatial database objects.
- Enhanced ArcGIS extension for extending the geodetic capabilities of ArcMap — work with the Geographic Calculator right in the ArcMap window.
- Best fit creation of custom coordinate systems and associated transformations using control points from your localized coordinate systems.
“Highly accurate mapping is a requirement for all airports around the country” states Blue Marble Account Manager Adam Hill. “Blue Marble software provides very flexible and useful transformation software tools that allow airport GIS professionals to handle complex coordinate system relationships effectively in order to translate grid survey data into the GIS environment. We’re proud to be attending the AAAE Conference this year and are looking forward to highlighting Blue Marble’s growing role within airport GIS departments all over the country.”
About Blue Marble Geographics: Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. Blue Marble has been writing GIS software tools and solutions for over 15 years and currently serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com.
Blue Marble Geographics
Gardiner, ME, USA