The Global Mapper SDK allows the use of Global Mapper loading,
rendering, and export technology within your own applications.
Using the SDK you can perform a vast array of functions, a few of
- Load any number of layers from almost all of the formats supported by
Global Mapper. This includes nearly all imagery, elevation, and vector
- Draw loaded layers to your own device context, allowing Global Mapper-style
rendering in your own application. You can draw any specified portion
of the loaded data.
- Retrieve the color at any location from loaded raster and elevation layers.
- Retrieve the elevation at any location from loaded elevation layers.
- Get information about loaded layers, including projection/datum, bounding
rectangle, description, ground control points, pixel size, etc.
- Retrieve detailed information about every feature in a vector layer,
including coordinate and attribute data.
- Reproject loaded data to a user-specified projection/datum.
- Load imagery that has not been georeferenced by providing ground control
points and projection, the DLL will perform the rectification.
- Auto-clip the collar off of USGS DRGs.
- Export loaded layers to many of the export formats supported by Global Mapper,
such as GeoTIFF and JPG.
- Export a user-supplied bitmap to a GeoTIFF or JPG file.
- Re-project coordinates from one projection/datum to another projection/datum.
- Generate contour lines from gridded elevation data.
- Perform a view shed analysis from gridded elevation data.