ECRG (Enhanced Compressed Raster Graphics)
Global Mapper 15.1 and later can load ECRG files by pointing to the toc.xml file. Large directories will load as a map catalog with a default Map Zoom setting.
The Export ECRG command allows the user to export any loaded raster data sets to an ECRG file.
The Export ECRG command can be accessed through File > Export > Export Raster/Image Format... Select Export Format. Individual layers can also be exported from the Control Center by right-click on the layer and going to Layer > EXPORT. Multiple files can be batch converted to and from the format from the Batch Convert/Reproject tool.
When selected, the command displays the ECRG Export Options dialog (pictured below) which allows the user to set up the export. The dialog consists of an ECRG Options panel and an Export Bounds panel. 1
This export does not include the following items in the NITF image segment: J2KLRA, TRE, GEOLOB, BNDPLB, ACCPOB or SOURCB. Nor does it include the two Text Segments or a Data Extension segment specified in the MIL-PRF-32283, section C.2.
Choose from the following available chart types:
- CADRG - City Graphics (1:10,000) to (1:36,000) or Various (*.CG?)
- CADRG - Coastal Charts (Various)(*.CO?)
- CADRG - Combat Charts (1:10,000) to (1:100,000) or Various(*.CM?)
- CADRG- Global Navigation Chart (1:50,000,000) (*.GN?)
- CADRG - Harbor and Approach Charts (Various)(*.HA?)
- CADRG - Helicopter Route Chart (1:125,000) (*.VH?)
- CADRG - Helicopter Route Chart Inset (1:250,000) to (1:90,000)
- CADRG - High Flying Chart - Host Nation (1:1,000,000)(*.OW?)
- CADRG - IFR Enroute Area (1:16,500,000) to (1:250,000)
- CADRG - IFR Enroute Low (1:1,000,000) to (1:4,500,000)
- CADRG - IFR Enroute High/Low (1:9,000,000) to (1:500,000)
- CADRG - IFR Enroute High (1:1,000,000) to (1:4,500,000)
- CADRG - Image City Maps (1:8,000) to (1:36,000)
- CADRG - Jet Navigation Chart (1:2,000,000)(*.JN?)
- CADRG - Joint Operations Graphic (1:250,000)(*.JG?)
- CADRG - Joint Operations Graphic - Air (1:250,000)(*.JA?)
- CADRG - Joint Operations Graphic - Radar (1:250,000)(*.JR?)
- CADRG - Low Flying Chart (Day) - Host Nation (1:500,000)(*.LF?)
- CADRG - Low Flying Chart (Night) - Host Nation (1:500,000)(*.LN?)
- CADRG - Low Flying Chart (TBD)
- CADRG - Military Installation Maps (1:25,000) to (1:100,000)
- CADRG - Military Installation Maps (TBD)(Various)
- CADRG - Miscellaneous Maps & Charts (Various)(*.MM?)
- CADRG - Naval Range Operating Area Chart (Various)(*.OA?)
- CADRG - North Atlantic Route Chart (1:11,000,000)(*.EG?)
- CADRG - Operational Navigation Chart (1:1,000,000)(*.ON?)
- CADRG - Operational Planning Graphic (1:250,000)(*.JO?)
- CADRG - Range Charts (1:50,000) to (1:1,000,000)
- CADRG - Riverine Map (1:50,000)(*.RV?)
- CADRG - Russian General Staff Maps (1:50,000) to (1:100,000)
- CADRG - SEC-Inset (1:250,000)(*.ET?)
- CADRG - Series 200 Air Target Chart (1:200,000)(*.AT?)
- CADRG - Special Military Map - Overlay (1:25,000) to (1:5,000,000)
- CADRG - Special Military Purpose (1:50,000) to (1:5,000,000)
- CADRG - Tactical Pilotage Chart (1:500,000)(*.TP?)
- CADRG - Topographic Line Map (1:24,000) to (1:200,000)
- CADRG - Transit Fly (UK) (1:250,000)(*.TF?)
- CADRG - Transit Flying Chart (Night) - Host Nation (1:250,000)(*.TN?)
- CADRG - Transit Flying Chart (TBD)
- CADRG - VFR Helicopter Route Chart (1:1,000,000)(*OH?)
- CADRG - VFR Sectional (1:500,000)(*.ES?)
- CADRG - VFR Terminal Area Chart (1:250,000)(*.VT?)
- CADRG - Visual Navigation Charts (1:500,000)(*.VN?)
- CIB - Imagery .5 meter to greater than 10 meter resolution
Export Map Scale
This option becomes available when the chart type specifies various resolutions. Enter the resolution value to specify the resolution in the output. The export will report the actual scale exported, rather than 'Various'.
Frame File Folder Name
Specify the folder name of the frames.
Specify the file version.
The official government sponsor of the production of this media set. The following options are available for producer, or use the custom producer below to specify a custom value:
- AFACC - Air Force Air Combat Command
- AFESC - Air Force Electronic Systems Center
- DCHMD - DoD Producer of Digital CHUM File Other than NGA
- DCHMF - Non-US (Foreign) Producer of Digital CHUM Files
- DCHMG - US Producer of Digital CHUM Files Outside DoD
- DCHUM - NGA Produced Digital CHUM File
- DMAAC - Defense Mapping Agency Aerospace Center
- DMAHC - Defense Mapping Agency Hydrographic Topographic Center
- DMARC - Defense Mapping Agency Reston Center
- DMASC - Defense Mapping Agency Systems Center
- NONDD - US Producer Outside the Department of Defense
- NONUS - Non-US Producer
- OTHER - Other Unspecified Producer * Allows specifying a custom producer in the field below
- PACAF - Pacific Air Forces
- SOCAF - Air Force Special Operations Command
- SOCOM - United States Special Operations Command
- USAFE - United States Air Force, Europe
When selecting OTHER from the Producer list, this field will be enabled. Whatever is typed there will be stored in the header block associated with "Producer" in FalconView. If the user chooses a Producer other then OTHER, or leaves the Custom Producer field blank, the Producer abbreviation from the drop-down list will be stored in the file.
The address of the government producer.
Media Producer/ Media Producer Info
Optional. The critical information regarding the actual producer of the media set of frames.
Indicate the disc number.
Choose from the following options:
- T - Top Secret
- S- Secret
- C- Confidential
- R - Restricted
- U - Unclassified
The country code of the country specifying the classification.
Any release caveats or other markings associated with the classification.
Type the date into this field, or select the date from a drop-down calendar. The value that you enter here will be stored in the file metadata. (The Production Date, set to the current date, will also be stored in the metadata).
The name of the source.
The NGA Stock Number under which this media is officially categorized.
The title (full name) of the media set of frames.
Optional. Free-form text description of the contents of the media.
The official edition number of this media release.
The current volume number for this media, out of the entire set of media volumes.
Number of Volumes
The number of media volumes for the particular set of frames.
Save Scale/ Elevation Legend/Grid if Displayed - The elevation legend and scale will be saved in the export if visible on screen.
Save vector Data If Displayed - Vector data will be saved to the chart
ADVANCED: Write Empty Frames to Output Files - This option will create empty frames in the export result.
Below is a summary of recent changes to format support:
|20.1||ECRG format export. Adds export functionality to the existing GlobalMapper ECRG format. This version will create the EPF file folder structure specified in the MIL-32283 specification, including toc.xml, shape files, and NITF formatted map frames containing JPEG2000 compressed raster graphics. [Item #13877]|
|15.1||Added support for loading ECRG (Enhanced Compressed Raster Graphics) toc.xml files.|
|15.1||Added additional layer Metadata reporting for ASRP, CADRG, CIB, DTED, and ECRG format data.|