About GeoCalc Mode
Using GeoCalc Mode provides added geodetic support to the Global Mapper application, with the ability to access the Geographic Calculator's geodetic library in the coordinate transformation libraries in Global Mapper.
Instructions for activating GeoCalc Mode in Global Mapper can be found here. You will need a license for Geographic Calculator in order to enable the GeoCalc Mode tool.
Using the Geographic Calculator GeoCalc library in Global Mapper will provide access to:
- Worldwide in-depth coverage of any type of coordinate system or geodetic definition
- Vertical datum transformation support for dozens of local geoids, ellipsoids, and local offset models
- VDatum support for Tidal vertical references in North America
- Custom coordinate system support and easy sharing of custom parameters between multiple users
- Administrative control of geodetic parameters so users only see and use what you decide
For more information on specific supported datums and coordinate systems for the Geographic Calculator, it is recommended that you install the application, register for an evaluation or user license, and browse the application's Datasource library.