See Built-In Line Types and Styles for the available line styles, or see the sample at the bottom of the dialog.
Line Width can be specified in the following units :
- Pixels — Specify the size in pixels in the screen. This means that the line will draw the same width regardless of your zoom level
- Meters (Fixed-width, Ground) — A width specified in ground units will enlarge as the map is zoomed. The line will appear thicker when zoomed in and smaller when zoomed out to maintain the same width in ground units
- Millimeters (Fixed-width, Device)— A width specified in millimeters will maintain this thickness both onscreen and when printed.
Specify a background line of a larger wish to create cased lines.
Use Flat Endcaps for this Line
Check this option to use rectangular endcaps to lines, rather than rounded ones. This difference is more visible with thicker line widths.
Show Labels for Lines of This Type
Check this option to turn line labels on for the selected line type.
Center Label for Lines of This Type
Check this option to center the label within the line, rather than along the top of the line.
Select Label Font...
This opens a dialog for configuring the label properties for the Feature, including Font, background, relative position, size, and rotation.
Select the font to use for the label. The list will populate with available system fonts. See also Labels Configuration for default font face and character set.
Specify text effects, including a halo around the text, a specific font color, or strikeout and underline effects.
Specify the script to use for the label. The available options are dependent on the selected font.
Label Background Fill Mode
Specify how to fill the background for the labels. This setting is overridden by a halo effect.
- Automatic: In most cases this will use a transparent background to the label text
- Opaque - Background Color : Label text box will use the specified background color of the workspace.
- Transparent: No text box fill color for the label.
- Opaque- Custom Color: Use the select color... button to select a custom background text box fill color.
Label Position Relative to Point Feature
Specify how the label is placed relative to the point anchor. The Automatic setting will relocate labels with movement and zoom in order to declutter and reduce label overlap.
Label Distance from Point Feature
When this option is checked, the specified number will be used to calculate the distance away from the label anchor point in pixels based on the current screen resolution. Zero is a valid entry. When the option is not checked, the padding will be calculated as 1/8 of the font height.
Always Display Label if any Labels are Displayed
Objects with this label setting checked will maintain priority during label decluttering.
Display Labels using this Font at a Fixed Height in Meters
Use this setting to specify labels in a size relative to a ground unit size, rather than a font size. The labels will shrink and grow when zooming, to always maintain the same geographic scale. This setting can be particularly useful for reference features, such as labels of background area boundaries.
Specify the angle to rotate the labels. (This setting is only available for point and area feature labels.)