Before you can edit or analyze an existing feature or features with
the Digitizer tool, you first must select
them with the Digitizer tool active. Once a feature is selected, you can
tell that it is selected because it will be drawn with a different style.
The different methods for actually selecting features are described here.
Below are the sub-menu Advanced Selection
Options available in the Digitizer right-click and top level menu. The options
available will depend on if no features, or if a feature of a certain
type (point, line or area) are selected at the time of right-click.
- Select by Drawing Polygon
- Invert Selection
- Select Area Features Enclosed within the Selected Areas
- Select Areas Connected to Currently Selected Areas
- Select Areas in the Same Multi-Part Polygon
- Select Areas and Lines that Intersect or Touch the Selected Lines
- Select Area Features Containing the Selected Points
- Select All Area/ Island Smaller than Size…
- Select Island Areas in Selected Area Feature
- Select Line Features within the Selected Areas
- Select Line Features Outside the Selected Areas
- Select Line Features Connected to Selected Areas
- Select Point Features within the Selected Areas
- Select Point Features Near Selected Line Features
- Filter Selected Lidar Points by Elevation/ Color/ Class/ Etc...