Much of the interaction in 3D can be performed using the mouse and mouse wheel, or keyboard shortcuts. Use the mouse to rotate the view around as well as zoom in, or use the 3D View tools for rotation, moving and zooming described below.
The 3D view can be focused on a selected feature or features of interest. To move the pivot axis to the selected features, first select the feature or features with the digtizer tool. Then press the Z key in the 3D window. This will move the pivot axis to the center of the feature(s) and lock it there until a pan action is performed.
- To lock along one dimension or the other, press either of the 'V' or 'H' keys. The 'V' modifier (Vertical only) enables tilting but disables rotating around the pivot axis; the 'H' modifier (Horizontal only) disables tilting but enables rotation.
- F11: Decreases the field of view by 5 degrees; if CTRL is held down, it decreases by 1 degree, if SHIFT is held down, it decreases by 10 degrees.
- F12: Increases the field of view by 5 degrees; if CTRL is held down, it increases by 1 degree, if SHIFT is held down, it increases by 10 degrees.
- Z: Sets the pivot point to the selected feature or, if no feature is selected, the cursor location on the terrain in the 3D view.
- P: Enables / disables pivot axis display.
- Pinch(two fingers pinching together or moving away): Zoom in and out
- Two finger swipe (Press and drag with two fingers) : Pan the 3D view
- One finger drag : Rotate the view
- The arrow keys and numeric keypad can also be used to pan and zoom the 3D image without using the mouse.
- PgUp and PgDn will zoom in and out.
The default Walk Mode height may be set in the 3D View Configuration dialog.
- Pressing the Ctrl+W key will activate Walk mode in the 3D view.
- Left-click and drag to pan
- The 'Pg
Up' and 'Pg Dn' buttons or mouse wheel will adjust the
Walk Mode height
- The arrow keys may also be used to move.
- Hold the mouse wheel and move up and down to change the Walk Mode pitch.
Fly Mode is a navigation mode that adds first-person camera view, and free navigation in all directions without being tied to the terrain. Left-click and drag to look around. Use the up and down arrow keys to move forward and backwards.
- J : Enable and Disable Fly Mode
- Up and Down arrows: move forward and back