Before you can edit or analyze an existing feature or features with
the Digitizer tool, you first must select
them with the Digitizer tool active. Once a feature is selected, you can
tell that it is selected because it will be drawn with a different style.
The different methods for actually selecting features are described here.
Below are the sub-menu Advanced Selection
Options available in the Digitizer right-click menu. The options
available will depend on if no features, or if a feature of a certain
type (point, line or area) are selected at the time of right-click.
- Select All Area Features Enclosed within the Selected Area(s)
- Select All Line Features within the Selected Area(s)
- Select All Line Features Outside the Selected Area(s)
- Select All Point Features within the Selected Area(s)
Advanced Selection Options for connected, near or touching features:
- Select All Areas Connected to Currently Selected Areas
- Select Line Feature(s) Connected to Selected Area(s)
- Select Point Features Near Selected Line Feature(s)
- Select All Areas and Lines that Intersect or Touch the Selected Line(s)
- Select All Area/Island Smaller than Size…