Operating System: Windows 8, Windows 10
Minimum RAM: 4 GB
Minimum HDD space: 200MB, plus any space required for storing and creating new data.
Video driver support for OpenGL v3.3 or later (for 3D Viewer)
Note: In order to use the 3D viewer via remote desktop the licensed machine must have a workstation graphics card. Network licenses, and Single User Floating licenses issued after May 2020 support remote desktop access via RDP. Other capabilities of the software will work via RDP without a workstation graphics card.
Recommended System Specifications:
Dedicated 3D Video Card
Solid State Harddrive for data storage and access
Multiple Core 64 bit processor
Pixels-to-Points system requirements:
- Minimum 8GM RAM
- i5 processor or better or comparable AMD processor
- 64-bit operating system
Pixels-to-Points system recommendations:
- 16GB or more RAM
- i7/i9 or comparable AMD processor
- nVidia graphics card, such as 980 or 1060/1070/1080 series
- Multiple cores (the more the better)
Network License Server Requirements
These are the requirements for a licensing server that hosts a network license for Global Mapper.
- Operating System: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- The License utilities use on average between 7 - 10 MB of memory and minimal disc space.
- Network Communication: The license server needs to communicate with client machines on the network, either by opening the TCP/IP ports used by the licensing utilities (lmgrd.exe and bmgeo.exe) and specified in the license file, or by white-listing the license utilities directly. For more information see Network License Troubleshooting
It is not recommended to run Global Mapper on the same machine as the network license server.
Global Mapper may be run without an internet connection. The following tools require an internet connection:
- Activating A Single User License Online
- Find Address / Geocoding
- Connect to Online Data
- Zoom To View in Google Earth
- Open Cloud Dataset
- Export to Cloud
- Search by EPSG Code in Projection Configuration or any projection dialog if the projection code is not included in the built-in or generated database.
- Most of the resources in the Help Menu