Global Mapper's Lidar Module is an optional add-on to the software that provides several advanced Lidar processing and analysis tools, many of these tools can be leveraged through
the Lidar toolbar, though additional options will be added to Lidar Load Options, Lidar Export support, and will propagate to other menus that will enhance the handling of Lidar data within the Global Mapper application. If you are interested in evaluating this Module you can request
an evaluation license
for it under the Help menu, to purchase this Module visit the purchase
page on our website.
Some of the Lidar enhancement features include (but are not limited to):
- Lidar Toolbars for easier management
and editing of data.
- New functionality in the Path/Profile
Viewer allowing users to view Lidar points directly in the path
profile display window. Users can also directly edit Lidar points
and manipulate Lidar classifications from the path profile view, rather
than from a sub-menu.
- Dramatically faster gridding
of point cloud data and support for min/max/average gridding operations
on Lidar point clouds.
- Automatic classification tools from unclassified point clouds.
- Feature extraction tools from classified point clouds.
- Additional Lidar format support including E57, Leica PTS and BPF .
- The ability to display Lidar points by
height above ground to visualize vegetation and building heights.
- A Lidar Options tab in the configuration
window to allow easily filtering by classification and/or return type.
- Support for reporting Lidar statistics
via script to a text file to facility QA processes.
- A new Lidar module toolbar button to
colorize Lidar points from loaded imagery in memory, no export required.
- New feature to color loaded elevation
data (including Lidar) with the shader using the elevation range on-screen
rather than all loaded. This makes it easy to see terrain differences
even in flat areas while zoomed in.
- Read/write and additional display support
for the NIR data in LAS 1.4.
- Support for multi-band colored Lidar points.
Module: Additional Functionality
The addition of the Lidar Module adds Lidar functionality to the Path Profile/LOS and
Create Elevation Grid commands. The Lidar Module also enables Custom Feature extraction from the Path Profile view.
Lidar classification colors can be changed and customized in the Lidar section
found in the Configuration.
Specialized Lidar import options will be included in Lidar
Load Options that allow for quicker import, and additional filtering
Additional Export Options for the Lidar LAS