Blue Marble Geographics releases version 2.0 of their popular Internet Mapping Service, BeyondGeo
Beyondgeo is the only hosted map service that supports the 3 leading GIS software developer's (ESRI, MapInfo & AutoDesk) formats directly, without conversion. BeyondGeo has extensive MapInfo and ESRI display compatibility allowing the user compose beautiful, cartographic quality maps without the hassles and high costs associated with traditional Internet Map Servers.
BeyondGeo Version 2.0 features:
- Database field name customization - alias, on/off, popup field help, extended field lengths: Use your GIS project databases directly without translation or modification. You can alias database field names for more a informative display/selection, control which database fields are displayed and/or queried, and provide popup help for any database fields. Text fields with more than 255 characters are supported.
- Include HTML as field attribute value: You can include HTML as a database field attribute value to customize the integration of links to external databases and other types of media (images, audio, video, websites, etc.).
- Enhanced line style, fill style, highway shield, and text style renditions with extensive MapInfo and ESRI compatibility: The BeyondGeo map composer provides support for over 80 line styles, several hundred symbols (with optional halo, drop shadow, and outline effects), and over 30 fill patterns. You can label map features with 10 styles of highway shields.
- Intelligent labeling with automatic placement and de-cluttering: Labeling is intelligent with automatic placement and collision avoidance. Labels can be rotated with enhanced halo, drop shadow, and outline border effects.
- Enhanced Microsoft Excel point database support: Integrate Excel spreadsheet databases directly, without conversion,
- Optimized MrSID and ECW image display: Full support of MrSID and ECW file formats provides on-the-fly decompression.
- Enhanced map re-projection and coordinate conversion: You can specify any coordinate system for on-the-fly re-projection and map display.
- Annual, quarterly and monthly subscription options with a low initial setup fee: Subscribers can specify easy monthly, quarterly or annual payment terms.
More information is available online at www.beyondgeo.com
About Blue Marble Geographics & BeyondGeo
Blue Marble Geographics of Gardiner, Maine is a leading developer and provider of geographic software products that provide sensible solutions for users and developers of geographic data. BeyondGeo is a simple and complete Internet map server service that enables businesses and organizations to easily and cost-effectively publish interactive, database-driven maps on their web site. Blue Marble currently serves over 120,000 customers in over 60 countries. Learn more at www.bluemarblegeo.com and at www.beyondgeo.com